I will be joining Rosemary and Adam for a discussion on 'Writing Ghost Stories Today'.
The event takes place in the atmospheric Gothic country house, which houses over 150,000 volumes and offers several quiet reading rooms as well as elegant landscaped grounds.
Hawarden was recommended warmly to me by the historical novelist Peter Vansittart, who would stay there at least annually while writing his books, and appreciated the combination of private study time and collegiate dining and discussion. I was therefore delighted to be invited to take part in this Jamesian weekend.
(Mark Valentine)

This looks to be a terrific evening. But those prices are a bit terrifying. Still, what do I know: I see the conference is essentially sold out. To ask an indiscreet question: Does this mean that Rosemary and Darryl Jones aren't at daggers drawn? I didn't notice her name among the acknowledgments in his new biography. .Hmm. On second thought, I didn't ask that question.
ReplyDeleteNever underestimate the English propensity for blood sports, Michael. At least it's not a country house murder mystery weekend. Er, I hope . . .
DeleteThere are changes to the programme but I am reliably informed that they are nothing to do with any blood feuds. Although Gladstone's Library apparently held, last June, "Alibis in the Archive . . .An annual celebration of all things crime fiction . . . hosted in collaboration with the Crime Writers’ Association." So who knows what is actually lined up . . .
Delete