“the mysteries of time, mortality and desire….”
- Joel Lane on Robert Aickman’s visions of afterlife
“the Empire fell apart, dropped away into a void”
- John Howard on Robert Musil’s The Man Without Qualities
“all that was good and noble in humankind”
- Thomas Kent Miller on the hidden H. Rider Haggard
“in constant communion with all other life-forms”
- Adam Daly on the mysticism of John Cowper Powys
“she removed Death, the Tower, and the Ace and Ten of Swords”
- James Doig on the occult fiction of Helen Simpson
Also: Reggie Oliver reviews a new biography of Jerome K. Jerome, and collections by Richard Gavin and Thana Niveau; Doug Anderson explores the highly personal Rockall fantasy world of Antony Swithin, and three rare fantasies by other hands; and John Howard reviews a study of John Brunner, The Epiphanist by William Rosencrans, and other new titles.
A New Issue of ORCRIST!
2 days ago