Monday, January 4, 2016

The Revels of Orsera: A Query

In 1920, Ronald Ross published a novel he'd written twenty-five years earlier entitled The Revels of Orsera: A Mediæval Romance.  It came out from John Murray, with an American edition (pictured at right) published by E.P. Dutton.  In 1930 there was a reprint of the Murray edition, which has an new preface by the author printed on the verso of the half-title (I gather, on page [ii]).  The new edition did not appear in the U.S., and the Wildside Press reprint of 2008 does not include the preface.  Does anyone out there have this edition who might scan the one page preface for me?  Thanks for checking!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have the Murray's 1920 edition. Do you need this edition's preface? I'm from Italy. Giorgio Morandini

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years after the above blog post, I learned that the one page Preface (dated 24th July, 1930) was tipped into leftover copies of the 1920 edition, and I was given a copy of that page. So I'm covered. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete